jueves, marzo 03, 2005

Obstacles

I can`t deny that it's always a bit frustrating to find obstacles in my way. Everything -at some point during it's existence- seems to get complicated in rather bizarre and unexpected ways.
I'm neither denying that there's always a better satisfaction when overcoming obstacles in any situation in life. The problem here is time.
I heard the other day (from Robert De Niro's immpersonation of McCauley, a bank robber in the movie "Heat") an interpretation of a dream in which the main character is drowning. Apparently it's about hoping or willing to have enough time. Enough time to do what you want to do. I don´t have that recurrent dream, but I'm sure in a virtually total lack of time to do what I want to do.
As I said before, new dreams arose from this new situation of my life. A different perspective now guides my thoughts and my way of life. I know work is the first and most important thing to do, it's the vehicle that carries my dreams. The problem, again, is time.
I would like things to happen immediatly -at least faster- because tiredness and boredom tend to fill the gaps of my thoughts, the spaces between one action and the other, the period of time in which I wait for some reply, the lapse between giving myself away and waitng for the feedback.
I still don´t see any results from what I work. The real thing is still to come.
Obstacles are -in some strange way- the juice, they give some meaning to a life that occasionally seems to be pointless. Obstacles are what makes us better. They are a permament test of our human virtues. They test us for our mistakes, but the one who learns from failures somehow transforms them into successes. That's another strange and magic property of life.
Obstacles desperate me. They often put me in a bad mood. They always try to give me some depression. They often succed in giving me a hard time. But today, overwhelmed by work and bills, I'm still pulling out strength from I don´t know where, making heart out of guts, as my grandma used to say.
So the score today is nill-O in my big game against problems. Their near cousins, obstacles, are helping them out exchanging players, keeping them fresh to attack my defense. So I might be in a terrible mood, but I try to picture my success after all this storm passes, which passes like clouds, and then I see myself where I want to be. Then a doubtful but honest smile starts to appear in my face. I have enough energy for yet another day.